Saturday, January 26, 2008

~Time to Celebrate!!!~ ....

...even if its only for a moment... ;)

Ok, so I am finally back. What a great trip! I finally graduated! WOOT WOOT!
The Animation Mentor Graduation was absolutely AMAZING! I was finally able to meet people from my classes that I have never met in person before. Everyone was super friendly as well as absolutely classy and cool! It was my absolute honor to meet up with as many students and mentors as I could.

All these future students are the next generation of animators going into the industry; and it’s such a pleasure to see them grow and find jobs out there in the industry.

Celebrations all around to all my buddies at Animation Mentor, it was an amazing Graduation everyone!

So this whole trip was a huge wirl wind of surprises to say the least. These past days went by so fast and unbelievablly hectic that it felt like a dream and a nightmare at the same time. Like the title of this post reads, it was truly an escape from the norm for me in so many ways; and I am absolutely grateful for everything that happened these past days that I will never forget.

So, now I awoke from my dream to find myself back here at home in the East once again. I was able to gain a lot from my experience back West on what might or might not be in store for me in the future in regards to a career in Animation.
So now what? Hmm….good question. Well I am still on my quest to find a job in animation so now is my time for me to apply anywhere and to anyone that is willing to look at my animation reel. I have been going around job boards and websites all to find out that there are not too many positions available out there but I am learning more about companies I never heard of before.

It feels really promising but at the same time I feel super anxious because it takes time to hear back a decision from these studios; so all one can do is just wait until they reply back or something :P

So this new post is all about celebrations right…well… today we celebrated my Grandmother’s birthday at a nice restaurant in the city. Then we came home and had her cake all ready and set for her to blow out her numbered 82 candles :) She is now 82 years old, AMAZING!!! She has been a huge inspiration for me in so many ways but not only; she has to be my one and only supporter on me perusing this career. I am grateful that I have someone close by my side like her supporting me through the patchy times like now while I wait and endure the long haul of trying to get a career started in this industry.



82 year is a long time and still kick’n!

So here is a sketch for the week. I will be back with more so stay tunes. But I need to get back to searching for any possible open animations out there to apply to ;)



Scared…hehe, this one was fun to draw because it how I feel right now, a bit anxious to hear back from anyone to start an animation career and at the same time confused about how it might all pan out :P

Oh yeah! One last thing, be sure to check out the links list on the side, there are some new ones up there! Amazing artist and inspiration at its best!

Have a great week!

~!WoOtWoOt!~
RoB

8 comments:

StudioRisingStar said...

It was great seeing you RAB!
Glad you had a great time!
See you this summer!

-Brandon

c.g.young said...

Love the dragon,..
Great stuff here.
-cgy

Mark Behm said...

Hang in there. When the time is right it'll all come together.

Piya said...

Hey dude. Congratulations again. Looks like you had a nice welcome home too with grandma. I like the dragon with huge shorts. Haha. Great caricatures too. We gotta do a subway sketch session one of these days. See ya soon!

tom said...

Congrats for your graduation!
And anyway: Great post!:)

Dan szilagyi said...

Hey Rob,

Wow, sounds like you had quite the time to say the least, good to hear it was fun and interesting.
About starting in the biz, i'm not expert but i do know it does take FOREVER for any studio to get back to you, i mean like weeks, but just keep pushing it, i hear you for work though, i'm currently jobless as well and the jobs up here in canada are slow now since most shows are done their season.
But things do pick up, i'm not sure what your aiming for but keep trying and start small if you have to, its all about contacts and your work, which is very good.
just keep your head up bro and things will turn out good, hopefully sooner then later

peace~

RoB said...

SRS: Thanks dude! It was great to see you again. All my best to you out there in SF!

C.G. Young: Thanks for the kind words. Amazing work on your blog, I am honored you came and commented on my area! Thanks!

Mark: WOOT! Great to hear from you and thank you so much for the HUGE support you have been giving me; I can't thank you enough for that. I hope to have something to say in the coming weeks or so.

Piya: Thanks for the congrats. Yeah, grandma is doing well :)
For sure, subway sketching would be fun and great to do...we will hit it up soon.

Tom: Thanks for coming by. I am glad you liked the post.

Dan: I hear yah dude! Its hard but not impossible right? Hehe...I will send out and keeping going at it. Its just a matter of time I suppose. But thanks for the support I absolutely appreciate it!

~!WoOtWoOt!~
RoB

Unknown said...

That cat is cool!